Fair Trade Policy
Camelsdale Primary School is proud to be a Fairtrade achiever school for the third time, totalling 9 years as an accredited Fairtrade school.
We believe that Fairtrade can make a difference to the lives of young people throughout the world by improving living and working conditions for the people who grow the things we buy.
Our school will:
- Try to make sure that Fairtrade and Fairtrade issues, and the value of “fairness” are embedded into the curriculum, whole school activities and the culture of the school.
- Promote Fairtrade in school and wider community, by taking part in Fairtrade Fortnight, completing Fairtrade challenges, holding Fairtrade assemblies and highlighting Fairtrade in newsletters and social media.
- Make sure Fairtrade features in our School Improvement Plan.
- Use Fairtrade products around the school wherever possible eg. in the staffroom, ingredients in cooking lessons.
- Explore uniforms made with Fairtrade cotton.
- Use the Fairtrade Awards on our website and stationery.
- Make sure the School Council keeps putting our policy into practice and it is reported back through the curriculum committee of the Governing Body.
Date: September 2020
Review September 2022
The School Council