Wednesday 18th October 9.15am - 10.30am & Thursday 16th November 1.30pm - 2.30pm
If you would like your child to attend Camelsdale Primary School please apply to West Sussex Admissions Office. Schools in West Sussex are categorised as Community, Voluntary Controlled and Voluntary Aided. Community and Voluntary Controlled schools serve community areas. Voluntary Aided schools serve wider areas. This school is a Community School. Admissions to Community and Voluntary Aided schools are the responsibility of the Local Authority and applications must be made through their office.
Phone: 03330 142903
Current Class Spaces
Year 5 - currently we have one space available for this year.
If the school is oversubscribed, the criteria that apply are as follows:
Any child with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) issued under the Children and Families Act 2014, naming the school will automatically be admitted to the school, under section 324 of the Education Act 1996.
- Looked after children (children in public care), children who were previously looked after who ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a special guardianship order or child arrangements order. This includes children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted. Evidence must be provided;
- Children who are subject to a Special Guardianship Order who have not previously been in Local Authority Care. Evidence must be provided;
- Children who need a place at the school on exceptional and compelling social, psychological or medical grounds. Evidence must be provided;
- Children who live in the catchment area with brothers or sisters already at the school and who will be attending when the child starts;
- Other children who live in the catchment area;
- Children who live outside the catchment area with brothers or sisters already at the school and who will be attending when the child starts;
- Children of staff;
- Other children who live outside the catchment area.
In the case of oversubscription in any category, priority is given to applicants who live nearest the school (measured by a straight line from school to the child’s home address, using Ordnance Survey address point data from a central point in each building).
Once you have joined our school, you will be welcomed into our Camelsdale/Rother Valley family and receive further information in a Welcome Pack, which includes the Parent & Carer Handbook.