Community Links, Grant Fundraising & Sponsorship
Our school has a vast network of business and local organisation connections. A Community Partnership Group helps to develop these links.
Our links include:
Community Partnership Report Autumn Term 2020
How has the Community enriched pupils’ learning this term?
This term’s highlights include:
• We send all our harvest produce to Haslemere Food Bank. We also collect new toys and gifts for their Christmas appeal.
• We lay a school wreath at the Shottermill ponds. We also lay a wreath at the grave of aviation pioneer Oswald Short.
• Year 4 sell British Legion poppies before and after school. We raise £116 for The British Legion.
• We attend the monthly Athena meetings online to network with local businesses.
• A huge thank you goes to Mrs Oldham for helping to create our virtual tour film for our new website. The drone footage is also due to the kind work of a Bohunt School contact. Do look for our virtual tour.
• Haslemere Rotary Club bring their sleigh as well as provide several presents for some of our more vulnerable families for Christmas - amazing support!
• Wey Assembly Team lend their Year 1 RE Creation lesson .
• West Sussex library service - we exchange 100 books.
• St Paul’s Church closes – we will certainly miss all our events there! We alter our emergency plan to reflect our safe haven will now be the Scout Hut in an emergency.
• The Man in the Moon lead Year R and 1 PPA drama lessons - thank you!
• Open Box Theatre Company run drama workshop for year 1/2/5.
• We receive £500 from the Haslemere Hound project for Playground 2021- thank you!
• We receive £5,000 from The Boltini Trust for Playground 2021 – thank you!
• We receive £3,000 from the Mabel Grant Trust for Playground 2021 Project - thank you!
• Mr Uffold, Mrs Dalton and the Humphreys Café Team attend a virtual Celebration Event in half term to receive their awards for Best Volunteers and Best Team in the West Sussex Competition- well done and very well deserved!
• We receive £300 from the Haslemere Half Penny Trust to support FSM families at this Covid time- thank you!
• The National Trust kindly donate this year’s Christmas tree- thank you!
- We receive £450 from The Mabel Grant Trust to support more vulnerable families at Christmas.
- The continuation of our counsellor to support some of our pupils and their families through a generous grant from the Sir Godfrey Todd Trust and the William Heather Will Trust.
- Paul Ullson from ‘Living History’ for the history workshops.
- West Sussex Fire Service visit Year R to give good fire safety lessons.
- Class trips to such places Henley Fort Year 4 and The South Downs Planetarium Year 5.
• We thank Waitrose and Tesco for supplying the Christingle oranges this year!
- Sport enrichment from Street Nation Dance.
- • The local business SMI provides us with plenty of free hand sanitiser and cleaning wipes. Thank you!
• We receive a £1,000 grant from The Tesco Community Fund for playground 2021.
• We create and plan for a new campaign aimed at supporting local and parent businesses in the use of the school facilities and in the promotion of their work.
• We create and plan for a new Alumni Group. Ex pupils and their families might enjoy reconnecting with their old school for the benefit of the current pupils.
• We raise £200 for Children in Need and hold a talent assemblies/ complete other Pudsey activities in class. We dress up wearing something beginning with ‘P’ for Pudsey’s bucket.
• We receive £1,000 grant from the Bio-Chemistry Society to help fund next year’s Science Week- thank you!
• We work with the company Green House on the creation of our new school website.
• We continue to liaise with The Royal Society of St George although all events have been cancelled so far.
• We cancel our 2021 Spanish exchange in light of Covid. What a shame! We continue to correspond online. We plan now for 2022.
• 20 Love-in-a-boxes are sent to Eastern Europe in time for Christmas through the Mustard Seed Charity.
• £200 raised on Children in Need Day for Ryan, our 7-year-old little Ugandan boy we sponsor through Watoto. We can now email Watoto directly and so classes send Ryan emails. We receive nice letters back!
Sport enrichment from Street Nation Dance.
Our amazing PTA raise over £7,000 this term with their community connections! Thank you! The money raised is for Playground 2021 Project. We can now afford Phase 1 which will be installed in the Spring term and includes new swing bars and a new amphitheatre.
As you can see, community links are a real strength of the school. Help us to make a difference.